Thursday, February 5, 2009

Music Review: My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance


















Members:

Gerard Way: Lead Vocals
Ray Toro: Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Frank Iero: Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
Mikey Way: Bass Guitar
Bob Bryar: Drums, Percussion

Albums:

I Brought You my Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love (2002)
Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (2004)
Life On The Murder Scene (Live Album) (2006)
Welcome To The Black Parade (2006)
The Black Parade Is Dead! (Live Album) (2008)

My Chemical Romance is an Alternative/Punk Rock band from New Jersey. (I happen own all of their CD's (minus the live ones) and they are, by far, the best band you will ever listen to.) MCR is a great group, but they do have a parental advisory, so listeners be wary. They're described as an "emo" band, but Gerard stated at one time or another, that they're not and that emo is "a pile of sh*t." From their website they describe themselves as "rock" or "violent, dangerous pop." Their official website is http://mychemicalromance.com and the band members frequently update it with blog posts. (Which are tons better than mine) They currently released a new song and video "Desolation Row" for the upcoming movie "Watchmen." My Chemical Romance is a very together group and have really grown since "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love." Once you hear them, you'll never stop listening. MCR almost never gets old, I could listen to them all day and never get tired of them. So, if you're looking for some new music, check out My Chemical Romance.

Love,

S

My Chemical Romance: 5/5 Stalker Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment